Peralta Digital Edition

SPRING 2018 3 Information and classes are subject to change, please see online schedule for the latest information. See our website: Admissions Information Who May Register? All persons 18 years of age or older are eligible for admissions as a California resident or nonresident. Anyone under 18 years of age who is a high school graduate or has been awarded a GED or California High School Proficiency Certificate may also enroll. Unless expressly exempted, or entitled to a waiver, all students enrolling for college credit must pay the enrollment fee. Adding A Class If a class is open, students can enroll online or in the Admissions and Records Office at any campus. If a class is closed, students can add their name to the Wait List prior to the first day of class. After the first day, instructors will issue a permission number or sign an Add form if space is available. Students who are present and on the wait list will be given first priority. Students who do not attend the first class may be dropped by the instructor. The last day to add regular session classes is February 04, 2018. Dropping A Class It is the student’s responsibility to drop classes that they do not wish to attend. Students can drop classes online or in the Admissions and Records Office on campus. Students will be charged for classes not dropped by February 4th (the last day to drop regular session classes and receive a refund). However, instructors may drop students for non attendance during the first week of classes. PASS/NO PASS Option Step 1: Check the college catalog to see if your class is eligible for P/NP grading. Step 2: Go to your Passport Student Center to choose P/NP on or before February 9 for regular session classes. Residence Requirements A person must have lived continuously in California for at least one year immediately preceding the residence determination date to be considered a resident for tuition purposes. Evidence must also be provided to indicate that the person has intent to make California his/her permanent home. A student must be a U.S. citizen or hold a U.S. Immigration status that does not prevent establishment of residency. Evidence of residency must include one of the following: • A valid California ID or driver’s license • California State income tax return for the previous year • Receipt for payment of residential property tax • Rental or lease agreement showing continuous occupancy in a California property • Active military ID card Nonresident Tuition Exemption Any student, who meets all of the following requirements, shall be exempt from paying nonresident tuition in a California Community College. Exemption from nonresident tuition does not change current regulations regarding residency. The California Dream Act (AB 131) expanded AB 540 to include students who attended and graduated from technical schools and adult schools, if at least one of those 3 years included attendance at a California high school. Requirements: • The student must have attended a high school (public or private in California for three or more years. • The student must have graduated from a California high school or attained the equivalent prior to the start of the term. • Any student without lawful immigration status who is seeking an exemption shall affirm that he or she has filed an application to legalize his or her immigration status, or will file such an ap- plication as soon as he or she is eligible to do so. Concurrent/Dual Enrollment/ High School / Other Students In accordance with California Education Code, section 76001, high school students may enroll as special part-time students. Enrollment must be recommended by their principal, with parental consent. Units earned will be granted as college credit. The high school may grant high school credit for courses taken from the Peralta Colleges. The student must follow all of the regulations and policies of the college, including adhering to assessment and any prerequisite requirements. A high school student whose high school counselor recommends that the student enroll in more than six units must have the approval of the Vice President of Student Services at the college of enrollment. All California Community College fees will be waived for special part time high school students. However, full-time (enrolled in more than 11 units) concurrently enrolled high school students are subject to pay tuition fees and all other fees. Military Residence Exemption Nonresident U.S. military personnel and on active duty in California (except those assigned for educational purposes to state supported institutions of higher education) and their dependents are granted a waiver of Nonresident Tuition until they are discharged from the military service. International Students Special regulations govern the admission of international students. These students should contact the Office of International Education for applications and admissions at (510) 466-7380, or FAX (510) 465-3257. The Office is located at the Peralta Community College District 333 E. 8th Street, Oakland, CA 94606.

RkJQdWJsaXNoZXIy Mjk2Mjk=